Monday, September 20, 2010

classics

Just realized that I polished my nails without cutting them first while I had planned to play piano downstairs.

*scratching head*

I just regained my interest in classical piano although the fingering and practicing were ARE really frustrating.
But since I'm in 4-days school now, I think it's good to spend 2-3 hours to practice piano in the morning once a week *and I can hear my piano teacher shouting at me* rather than lengthening my sleeping hours and doing nothing. Studying needs a break too, you know! =D

My friend's mom who is also a piano teacher told my mom this:
"If your daughter is not going to be a performer in classical piano, or a teacher, she better doesn't stay at classical piano too long. She can just move to accompaniment, maybe she can play Gospels at church instead."

OK I think that's true. I also realized that ISCF is lack of keyboardist now. OK. OK.
But I don't think I have as good hearing as it is needed in accompanying. And I'm too lazy to try to figure out the chords and melody in the songs I hear. I prefer to figure out how to do heterocyclic synthesis or googling about Hudson IMB's youtube videos updates on nanoparticles/CNT research. =D

Furthermore,
I still need to improve my fingering and my sight-reading.
And I love music sheets.
I love playing classics (but I'll refrain myself from playing intermediate-to-advance level sheets until I have a strong 4th finger). I love playing musical songs and film scores in the ways they should be played.

So, there's still 4 days to the next weekend. I'll have my nails short by that time and start continuing my classical piano practice =)

And the big problem is, they just appointed me to be a keyboardist in ISCF. And I need to train to do some accompaniment. And I'm confused. I'm frustrated. Feels like I'm in a wrong-wrong situation (classic into accompaniment without proper training and talent). Aaarghhhh!!

No comments: