Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To follow or not to follow

I am contemplating now whether 2 semesters of "overloading" (the "real" overload, not literal) really worth the effort and time. Sometimes I feel like I wasted my brain, time, and energy. I was overwhelmed, pressurized, having continous headaches and pains, living a stressful life and tired to do everything else. As the result, I slacked off, then wasted the result that I should have gotten.
"Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional." - Roger Crawford"

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure." - Colin L. Powell
A friend once suggested that I should not really rely on whatever seniors told us about modules and semester burden. They were simply suggestions based on how they saw the modules from their perception and their situation at that time. Just believed in myself, and what did I think of the modules. Yes, it is indeed true. When I put some trust in myself and had myself decide, I got better result.
"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing" - Dale Carnegie
I don't say that seniors' and friends' opinions are bad and worthless. They are really helpful to get some insights on modules and things, the pros, the cons, their ups and downs, since they have encountered the same-but-different thing once. Knowing how to succeed and learning from their mistakes. Their opinions may come in quite a high level of accuracy. But some things to note are that they did it in different situation (such as, they were not in a batch full of hardworking and overly smart people), they have different traits, preferences, strengths, weaknesses and abilities. In the end, it is you who are going to "walk this journey", and it is up to you who decide and live up the path you have chosen. So.. Think, think, think and think before you do something. Gain opinions, and decide your own path of happiness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Add and Drop period will end pretty soon ;)