Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One advertisement on why you should go for PhD

A short chit-chat with one of the TAs in teaching lab today, while waiting for my reaction to complete.

Him: Next week is my last TA session.
Me: Woah? Why don't you continue? *hope this super nice and helpful TA will be an exception to the TA scheduling rule*
Him: After that I will go to Cambridge.
Me: UK? I always want to go there!!
Him: Me too!
Me: Anyway why are you going there?
Him: Research!
Me: As in, continuing your PhD there? Or for post-docs?
Him: No.. My boss asked me to go for 6 months then I'll return here. He is paying for me.
Me: Oh. Super nice.
Him: I'm really happy to go there.
.
Me: (by heart) pleading to my boss: Boss? I want this, too! If not for research, you can bring me.. err.. maybe me and my labmate(s) along to your business trips or if you need to do some measurements abroad. Please? =P

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your boss is rich, no?

Achelle said...

I shall not comment on that. I'm not really sure.. Anyway that TA isn't from my lab..