Monday, June 20, 2011

Sometimes I just need to feel good about myself..



Some buses in Singapore have two seats in front that are narrower than the rest of the seats. As pictured, it is meant for one adult and one child only because it is that small and narrow and somehow they think (and I also used to think) that it's impossible for two adults to sit there.

A few weeks ago I rode on a bus with a friend. There were only one of those two seats left. We were hesitant at first to sit there together and I actually chose to stand instead, but then we decided to give it a try. And guess what? It fitted us both! It was not a big surprise though since we are both girls and Asian girls are in general skinnier than Westerners due to different measures of our bones and tissues. But still, hey, the seat was just nice for us, which implies that we are in general skinny enough! LOL

A few days ago suddenly a bored PhD student in my lab went inside and tried to lift each girls. She claimed that she could approximate somebody else's weight by lifting them. Which is very nice, because she may be useful for a mass balance so I don't necessarily buy one (well, maybe you can approximate my check-in baggage weight everytime I am going to fly overseas! =D). I think I was the first person she lifted.

I was holding the micropipette and my electrode at that time when she suddenly removed me from the ground I was standing on very easily. I was surprised and squealed (more like quacked......) because from what I see, she's that thin (even though she eats cookies a lot when she's not in the lab! talk about injustice in the world).

What did it imply? I weighed less than her.

So.. I am thin enough, aren't I? Haha. Happy =D

And there's additional fact that I am still the youngest person in my lab. FYI there's still a 2nd-going-to-3rd-year student in my lab and he's older than me. One thing to be thankful to Indo education system that we entered uni at one year younger than those students at the other regions nearby (ie. South East Asia).

LOL

No comments: