Saturday, July 11, 2009

Juu-kyu-sai no tanjoubi

I read 2 good news on my birthday!

Do As Infinity announced that a new album, ETERNAL FLAME will be released on 30 September 2009. It will contain ~12 tracks produced by Seji Kameda (this is not a new name, I suppose. Sometimes I read his name on some of DAI's works).
This album is continuing the shiritori game (a game when you should make a new word/phrase beginning with the alphabet that ends the previous word/phrase) of DAI's collection of albums, i.e. :
Break of Dawn - New World - Deep Forest - True Song - Gates of Heaven - Need Your Love - Eternal Flame
Can you see it? *lol* Hence their next album, after this one, hopefully will start with an "E".
Besides, DAI's album titles always have the same or similar title with the song inside, regardless it is an A-sided single (as in Deep Forest and True Song), B-sided (as in New World) or even not a hit at all (as in Need Your Love), i.e. :
Break of Dawn : Break of Dawn
New World : New World (album remix)
Deep Forest : Fukai Mori
True Song : Shinjitsu no Uta
Gates of Heaven : Gates of Heaven
Need Your Love : Need Your Love
so I'm curious about which song in EF will symbolize the name..
The release of this album will also remark the 10th anniversary of Do As Infinity since their first debut on 29 September 1999.
And I hope that there will be DAI's original-composed songs. I want to see them singing their own-composed songs like when Dai Nagao was still there.. The fun, catchy songs.. *cross fingers*

High and Mighty Color together with their new female vocalist, HALCA, had released their new single "XYZ".
They will also release a new album called Swamp Man on 2 September 2009.
I have listened to the new single and notice that HALCA's voice is not so different with the previous vocalist MAAKII (but MAAKII's was cuter while HALCA's is.... bolder? yeah whatever) and hence, their music is not so different with the old ones. I'm happy for it. I just don't want the band to be a full-rock and go back to the Anti-Nobunaga era. I remembered back then when a producer said "Anti-Nobunaga and MAAKII as separate artists wouldn't make it, but if they were together (which is now called HAIKARA aka HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR) they will definitely make it.." AND IT DID!
I still miss MAAKII, though. Well don't think that I'm insane or "deviate", I only miss her voice and music. Anyway she's pregnant with that ojiisan DCT's member's child and I don't know whether I should be happy for her or be sad as she left HAIKARA alr *snif* I'm so mean.

It will be a big bunch (and big MEGABYTES) of downloads on September, is it? *grab my agenda and note them down*
*jump*jump*jump*
I don't have any address for shipping yet, so *sadly* I can't pre-order DAI's EF. The first press DVD will contain PV and DOCUMENTARY! *sigh*

Really hope that by September I get my own room already...
And on the beginning of August, I already get the courses I want.

But for these days.. I'm satisfied enough with those two news as my presents! YAY!

No comments: