Saturday, February 13, 2010

canteens closed.

Lately my diet (read: food consumption) was not normal. Blame it to MILO mcflurry and McTwister. and dont forget myself who can't resist the temptations from them.

Today is 1 day before CNY (Chinese New Year). Since the days fell on weekend and first day of weekday (Sunday and Monday) the government shifted the off-day to Tuesday. So we have 4 days of CNY holiday : Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Too bad,
all NTU canteens are closed during CNY.
if it's open then the prices will be beyond normal ='(

It is common if during CNY holiday, all kitchenettes of NTU halls of residence are occupied by students who are staying on campus during those faithful days. Alternatively, students can go to their friends' house out there or so fortunate if they have relatives in Singapore. Family reunion dinner awaits ^^

Bad news for me, all my family members in Singapore are going back to Indonesia during this holiday!
Aaarghhhhhhh.
I have to cook by myself or together with my friends. Or go to the 2nd option which is going to my friends' house (which is now considered.. at least they are much better chef! haha).

Then

And today's lunch and dinner together was really....

SINFUL.

After those days trying to avoid the sinful attempts of those nice but calorie-ful foods,

all my friends were good chefs, and they cooked nice and too much food! I was forced to eat a lot.... Aarghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Lunch was meatballs with tofu, enoki mushroom and noodle. Don't forget the rice. I was in the kitchen, frying the tofu, when Pak Kumbang realizes that...

There were 132 nice-smelt meatballs inside.
And since there were 17 people that finally came up for this "fellowship",
so,
1 person will get the minimum of 7 meatballs.

*faints*

7 meatballs + 1 tofu + half egg + enoki mushroom + noodle (plus a jasmine tea with rubber taste.. strange) ---> BLOATED.

I stopped on the 4th meatball, leaving 3 meatballs + half tofu + a quarter of egg + LOTS of noodle.

But, since I was home-educated with a principle of "never waste food" then I need ~30 minutes to finish all of them. Bloated, sinful, and fainted. Yawn.
Then I helped to clean and defend the kitchen. Really tired and sleepy afterwards.

A bee stung my feet, luckily my friend killed it around 1 hour later. Haha. I immediately tried to take the blood out the affected area, hoping to get rid of the poison. We played cards ("tepokan" in Indonesia, but intermediate level of it, haha) and then my friend came up to complete the fellowshipping day by giving this quote.


HT : *looked amazed* "wow. vouchers?"

SQ vouchers in those amount? we would have a free trip by SQ in years to come!

For dinner, we had a spaghetti. The amount was also TOO MUCH (half a standard lunch-set box), and I can still feel that I'm bloated because of today's eateries. Yeah.

Although I was bloated, when my friends were playing citadel, I continously took Lays from the sack and dip it to a cheese spread. Yummy. But sinful. Plus Oreo as well.

Sinful sinful. Have to be more careful and less-tempted with my food consumption.

No comments: