Thursday, November 25, 2010

10 things happened these days

  1. I need to bring dust for today's teaching lab experiment. I collected one vial of dust from toilet fan because I was desperate that my and my friend's wall/ceiling fan did not collect much dust while my labmates only needed to collect dust from their own room(s). I don't know whether I must be happy or sad about it.
  2. My friends who had done the experiment said that they used all the dust in the vial for the experiment (apparently, we needed to take 0.1 gr of dust). I just needed a small portion because my dust were heavy enough. So..... they came from all things in the toilet....... Imagine that if you wish.
  3. Once my senior said that chemists are classified into synthetic and physical chemist. Analytical chemist (in broader sense: everyone that is doing/did something in analytical chemistry research lab and think/thought they are/were serious in it) is classified under physical chemist category. Wew. I still can't erase my image that physical chemists deals with quantum chemistry and thermodynamics and all that stuff. Scary and looks very hard. Luckily analytical looks more fun and applicable than that.... So I can be happy about it.
  4. Today is the collection day of my physical chemistry (the "quantum chemistry and thermodynamics and all that stuff" one and not analytical one) mid-term and we had to collect it personally from the prof's office. I queued nervously with my labmates. I was shaking when I went inside the prof's office. I was shaking when he asked me to sign while he was taking my mid-term. I was shaking when I recalculated the mark as he wished and said thanks. And I was still shaking when I went out of his office and returned to the teaching lab. Thanks God the marking scheme was quite lenient... And some questions that I thought was mistakenly answered turned out to be correct =P
  5. When my teaching lab TA said that today's session is the last lab session for this semester's lab, I wanted to scream. Next sem will be organic/synthesis lab that I (and some friends who chatted with me today) do not like, partially because of the synthetic lab TAs that earn money without doing necessary helping or teaching. They just stand there, chat with each other or text their friends/bf/gf. If we ask them anything, they may just shrug because they do not understand what we are asking if we don't speak in their language and go away (yes I'm talking about a certain nationality...) or direct us to the head laboratory officer so they can just hang out in the lab. Hey YOU ARE PAID FOR THAT!!!
  6. I took a nap after I went back from lab. I planned to sleep for a while cos I still have CAs to prepare. Then it was raining...... And I was hibernating instead of napping.
  7. The rain was IS quite hard and I was not able to go to the canteen to buy dinner (by now the foods must have been finished). I decided to buy instant noodle at vending machine for dinner, and I still have breads, milk and cookies if I'm still hungry. The bad thing about the vending is that it can only receive payments in coins. I only had 90 cents and I hoped that they had the 90 cents noodle (normal one; kimchi ramen is S$1.10). I saw from afar that there's no 90 cents noodle.... I prepared to starve eat loafs of bread the whole night. But when I came closer, they had the 90 cents noodle! Yay!~
  8. Crazy semester: 12 CAs/quizzes for the whole semester and I'm left with 3. The closest one is on Saturday and I haven't really prepared. Exam period is coming closer and it means erasing the browsing history, especially the YouTube links.
  9. I got this from AOL's article on Glee - Special Education ep (Sectionals, next week), about the song that Sam and Quinn will sing at sectionals.
    But, when Rachel finds out that Finn lost his virginity to Santana, she becomes emotionally distraught, giving Quinn and Sam the chance to prove that nobody puts baby (mamas) in the corner. (http://www.aolradioblog.com/2010/11/24/glee-special-education-songs-season-2-episode-9/)
    It is according to prediction =D PLEASE. MAKE IT REALLY HAPPENS. I hope it won't turn out lame; or it will become more and more lame (or lamer and lamer... whatever) if they delay this scene. =P
  10. Glee will have a break on January (the latest episode shown will be shown at December 7 and the next one will be on early February). So, I don't need to download them from Indo during the semester break in January. Thanks God, the number of series-to-download decreases by one =P I can't download either, my home internet connection is limited with certain GB of quota for usage. The Lord's help really comes at the perfect time. =D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"while my labmates only needed to collect dust from their own room."

What does it tell you about their room?

Achelle said...

That's why "I don't know whether I must be happy or sad about it." Sad bcos I needed to contact everyone to help me find places with lots of dust. Happy bcos I could tell what their room(s) look like =P