Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No time to rest on the laurels

My prof once wrote:
As my old mentor said, you are as good as your last paper. So there is no time to sleep on the laurels :-).

My sequence of horrible CAs, quizzes, mid-terms, or anything *you name it =)* has just finished. The rest are coming in some time later with better timing adjustment. So I need to rest for one day or two right now, while keeping myself on the loop of increasing activities of my right brain (decors and piano/keyboard practice for upcoming fellowship) and routine schedules.

On the other hand, I need to work harder. CAs were not as good as I expect them to be, so I need to push myself harder to keep my grades up (must be the main aim right now!! Sometimes, perfect understanding does not correlate with good results, not like in high school back then) and hopefully, if, just IF, I get to go for PhD later, I will get a good scholarship, or simply to get a good job later on. No Glee, no The Mentalist, no YouTube (IMB has finally over, anyway, so no need to catch up on anything!), no random browsings, no brushes and hues, and no daydreaming, please?

I have no time to rest on the laurels, cos I'm as good and shiny as the stars constellation above =D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jiayou for your CAs!!
:D