Friday, January 21, 2011

It's really good to have them BACK in my life!



cr: google

Loved them! I read them through my school days, both in English and Indonesian (they were translated), and enjoyed the stories. They had successfully given me readings outside mangas and comic books. And much to my delightment, school library finally was useful to me! I think it was also the time when I first ship some pairings/couples too =P However I stopped reading at a few first books of SVH, for the reason that I couldn't find the rest of the books everywhere (I can't say that I read all of SVK and SVT and The Unicorn Club etc.) and also SVU and the other spin-offs.. They were filmed, too, but I think it happened in late 80's/early 90's when I was not even born yet =(

Now they make me really grateful that I don't grow up in Twilight era or become a hard-core Gleek. Anyway, both Sweet Valley and Glee have one thing in common: lack of continuity. LOL.

So as soon as I heard that a new sub-series, set 10 years after the last event of the last book (which I can't really remember what), will be published some time this year, I put it in my wishlist.

After reading the excerpt of the 1st chapter that is published online, I felt somehow disappointed. That girl was really out of character! She changed a lot in 10 years.. But well, what you see is not necessarily what you get, so I am really looking forward to have the book in my hands and start reading again. YAY!

No comments: