Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Does loving your career equal to being a fanatic of it?

I don't know why, but while my labmates (as in, research lab-mates) aim for more and more papers published each year, my primary goal is *ahem* to contribute cover/frontispiece design(s) for my or my fellow groupmates' paper(s) and have them pinned to the board in front of my prof's office or pasted at the lab. It's not like I put my own publications behind; sure, I really want to publish more too - it is a privilege for an undergraduate here (suddenly an image of Natalie Portman passed by), but it won't be perfect if I have not achieved the aforementioned goal. Weird? Yeah.

My strong attachment to cameras and my habit of taking photos of anything, everywhere (including teacher's notes and unposted lecture slides since I was in junior high) plus enjoying my spare time (or having guilty pleasure my mind refreshed in busy times) with photoshop make me wonder if I'm a real full-time budding chemist..

Sheesh. My fellow friends in chemistry or those in physics and maths who are seriously pursuing their majors often relate to their respective fields in their convos.. Wow. Again, it's not that I'm not serious in here, I really love what I'm doing, I just think that I don't sound as enthu as them *staring at my camera, then to the ICES brochure at my push-pin board... and thinking, why I'm so contradictive?*

I hope that being a real chemist does not mean having mind filled with a fanatic enthusiasm on chemistry 24 hours a day, 7 days a week..



Oh anyway, I finally took a sip of this! One of my friend had bugged me to try this since, like, 2 weeks ago. I think she's a fan. Good that a fundraising event had this sold on campus, otherwise she will have to join the long long queue at Iluma for her obsession (OK, the Ang Mo Kio stall is said to have shorter queue, but I still don't understand the fuss). LOL. Anyway, I think the milk tea taste was not very intense, like it had too much water in it.. Maybe it was because I did not drink it immediately when it was still fresh and cold.. But it was smooth and the pearls were chewy. Well, at least this has much more appropriate feel than hawker's ones which are super intense.

No comments: