Sunday, April 10, 2011

Traffic congestion on Sunday morning?




phone camera is still phone camera, even though this one has better resolution than the previous one. I wish I brought my beloved semi.

Anyone knows what happened at Jalan Bahar this morning to afternoon?

The jam started at 8 am (I am more than certain that today is SUNDAY!) and when I went back at around 11.30 am, the traffic was still pretty much the same. I stucked inside 199 bus for 1 hour (the journey from Boonlay interchange to my hall only takes around 20 mins). Anyway I heard that one person had been waiting for any 199 bus in NTU hall for 40 minutes plus.. Well...

I even thought that if I walked from the beginning of the traffic jam until my hall, I would have reached NTU much faster (even though it'd be REALLY tiring). Boonlay to NTU only takes approximately 30 minutes by foot (try only if you want to dare yourself or you have no other options of transport..). If they could be more flexible, gave one-off exceptional case and allowed the affected passengers to alight not on the bus stop and walked from there (199 bus stops are not so many, the stops along Jalan Bahar are quite far from one another), I wonder how many people would have alighted back then. I didn't ask for that anyway, I had known the answer right away: NO SUCH THING EXISTS.

I was thankful for my phone, music, phone camera and reading materials that I always bring with me to church to keep me company. I used to live in Jakarta which is famous for its long long traffic jam for 18 years and had battled inside public buses for 6 years =P My experience as a lonely wanderer really prepares me for the better and the worse

179 bus service was not better. No 179 buses came to pick up passangers in the interchange even after 10 minutes of its scheduled departure. I couldn't find any news regarding this at STOMP, Straits Times, yahoo.sg, even the so-called almighty google.. So?

(edited at 8.29 pm) So apparently there was this annual event. Usually I never passed through that area on this date since 2nd week of April is usually Easter day and my church holds the Easter service before dawn (according to the story in the Bible when Mary Magdalene went to Jesus' tomb).. So.. yah, should have planned my journey better.

2 comments:

Olivia Wijaya said...

masa gara2 cheng beng? Orang2 pada ke kuburan? Tapi harusnya itu minggu lalu sih.

Achelle said...

iya ternyata gara2 cheng beng. 1st sunday sih katanya.