Friday, July 15, 2011

Lonely

Seeing my graduating friends leaving hall one by one to their new places, cardboxes moved out of the rooms and out of the hall gate forever, lorries and taxis coming to and leaving the carpark, and doors and trunks full with cardboxes and bags being closed, I can't help but to feel sad. Yes, I am joyful that they are going to graduate now and some of them are currently pursuing their career. But then, the fact that we won't live so close like we used to be brings mellow-ness to me.. It's not only that I lose friends to eat together sometimes (because most of the time I have my dinner at my room while watching TV series.. LOL) or to hold a spontaneus gathering or late-night chatting or to watch TV series together in one room. It's not the physical absence that bothers me, since we are only a gtalk/MSN chat/google buzz away to keep each other updated on what is going on, and some of us still can meet at church every Sunday and head to town or nearest hawker center afterwards.. It's the knowledge that they are not near anymore, that we can't just call or text each other to eat or to gather in someone's room ASAP or to borrow something or even to get some people to help in doing something.. Those little things, even the most annoying things that you're going to miss when they're not there.

This is if your close friends are one year your senior.

No comments: